It is best to make appointments for all portrait sessions or passport type photos. This will ensure we have the right staff available for the job and that there is space in the studio, if required.
Call us at 403 529 9500, toll free at 1 800 209 4834, or email email@example.com to reserve your prefered time.
Not much can beat a well composed outdoor portrait photograph on a beautiful sunny day in one of our great parks. But for the other 10 months of the year our studio can accomodate groups of 22 – 27.
Our multiple sets of studio props work very well with casual families or formal weddings.
Appointment times vary from 30 – 45 minutes for a single person to 4 hours + for large wedding parties. Kind of like mom always said – ‘Good food takes time’. When making a portrait appointment, please allow plenty of time before your next engagement.
For an outdoor photo session budget more time as there are many variables that surface and it may take longer than originally thought. If you are looking forward to an outdoor sitting, but the weather turns bad, we still keep our studio available so your photo session can be completed that day.
What to wear for casual photos is always an issue.
To help make you look the best in photos, some pointers are:
- Keep it Simple.
- Solid colours are best. Avoid large or bold patterns.
- Wear ½ or long sleeves as short or no sleeves draw attention away from the face.
- Coordinate clothing from head to toe including socks and shoes. Both are very likely to be seen in your photos. Guys — don’t wear white socks.
- Wear makeup as normal. DO NOT add more for the portraits.
- A scoop or v-neck is best if your neck is short and face is full.
- A high necked garment is better if your neck is long and face is slender.
- Bring a change of clothing for kids or single portraits.
- Bring along props(ie. child’s favorite toy, blanket, your favorite sport/hobby equiptment, etc.) or ideas of your own to acheive the look you want. Some props we have may not be suitable for your child’s age.
- If you have eye glasses that are prone to glare and reflection, we recommend you visit your dispensing optician and borrow a pair of blank frames.
- Do not mix attire of casual and dress between individuals. Clothing does not have to match, but the colours should be harmonous with a colour and style theme that blends well.